Contact: Membership Secretary
The Junior section caters for junior athletes in school years 6-11, taking them through the u13s, u15s & u17s age groups. Training sessions are held on weekday evenings at Woodside Stadium, Horseshoe Lane, Garston. Some sessions are also held on Saturdays and Sunday mornings from 10am-12pm. Our Juniors compete in the Eastern Young Athletes League (EYAL) and the Chiltern Cross Country League.
Open sessions - This means that it is open to anyone, although please check with the club prior to turning up to check for spaces and the sessions are going ahead.
· Multi Events – 6.30pm – 8.00pm Tuesday and Thursday and 10.30 - 11.30am Saturday mornings ( Mona and Alastair Mann)
· Middle Distance & Cross Country; 6.00pm - 7.00pm and 6.30pm – 8.00pm Tuesday and Thursday and Saturdays 11am - 12pm (Lianne Langford) groups are dependent on ability and age.
· Sprints – 6.00pm – 8.00pm Tuesday and Thursday (Imogen Walker)
· Sprints – 6.00pm – 7.30pm Monday and 5.30pm - 7pm Friday (Dominic Ashwell)
· Javelin – 7.00pm – 8.00pm Thursdays (Matt Davies)
· Throws – 10.30am - 12.30pm Saturdays (Neville Thompson)
· Minors Middle Distance - 5.00pm - 6.00pm Tuesdays (Lianne Langford)
Invitation Only - This means that you have to have prior agreement with the Coach to attend.
· Advanced Sprints – 6.45pm – 8.15pm Tuesday and Thursday (Pete Griffiths)
· High Jump – 7pm – 8pm Tuesday (Carl Reid)
· Long Jump – For 16+ - 6pm – 7pm Tuesday (Cathy Walker)
· Long Jump – For EYAL competitors training date varies (Kio Bozorgi)
The older distance runners amongst the Junior section might like to consider joining in the seniors interval session on a Saturday morning. More info on the Senior Section page.