Vision, Values, Methods, Obstacles & Measures (V2MOM)
The V2MOM process was developed by Salesforce’s CEO Mark Benioff and his leadership team, as a simple way to articulate an organisations purpose and clearly communicate this to all stakeholders. We have adopted this framework at Watford Harriers to help define our purpose as an Athletics Club.
Watford Harriers…Fast Track to your Personal Best!
Watford Harriers trains at Woodside Arena, which is recognised as one of the UK’s fastest running tracks. Combined with the safe, nurturing environment and professionalism our qualified coaches (licenced by England Athletics) we want all of our athletes to achieve their best outcomes, in their personal and athletic lives.
By developing our athletes and their ambitions, we strive to become one of the county’s premier athletics clubs, with national acclaim. We provide first-class coaching and facilities including one of the UK’s fastest tracks. By nurturing many disciplines of athletic talent, we aim to compete at the highest levels and maintain a fun & inclusive environment
Trust: This is the cornerstone of our club. We safeguard all of our members, officials, volunteers & spectators, providing a safe environment for all. We respect each other and uphold the integrity of our sport.
Community: We are proud of our heritage and will continue to positively impact the local community and contribute to the national standing of athletics.
Enjoyable Excellence: We chase perfection in the hope of catching excellence. We strive to win well: embedding hard work & discipline with strong team spirit & fun.
Inclusivity: We want everyone to feel welcome. We believe that athletics can contribute towards a healthy lifestyle and a sense of achievement, whatever the age, ability or background of the athlete or volunteer. We aim to nurture existing talents and inspire the development of new ones.
· Grow the athletic potential of each of our members, with a series of tailored, multi-disciplinary training, inspired by our EA qualified coaches and needs of our athletes
· Develop a sustainable coaching model, with a development recruiting plan to enable a variety of disciplines to the highest levels
· Raise the national profile of Watford Harriers by working in partnership with national clubs and organisations to host prestigious events
· Hosting Weekly Open Graded Meetings to attract the best athletic talent to Watford & supporting the financial sustainability of the club
· Supporting the local community and raising our local profile organising the Watford ½ Marathon
· Inspire the next generation of talented athletes with school outreach programmes and events (e.g. Watford Challenge, Minors Open Meeting, community)
· Unleash the full potential of all our athletes by providing access to regional and national competitions e.g. Chiltern League, SAL, EYAL, county and areas championships
· Providing additional services to support our members, such as enriched website features, partnerships with local and national suppliers for exclusive discounts, easier payment processes and options, relevant communications and help
· Continue to ensure that we achieve the minimum compliance standards for the safety and wellbeing of all our members with ongoing safeguarding training, first aid, health & safety and track & equipment maintenance
· Supply of volunteers and officials to support the sustainability of the club.
· Adequate provision of multi-disciplinary coaches
· Financial sustainability (especially post Covid) and anticipated long-term coaching costs
· Competing interest from other sports & seasonality impacting our membership numbers
· Sustain membership – Currently 362 in 2020
· Growth in coaches and disciplines (12 registered in 2020), with the objective of growing to 15 with wider range of disciplines by 2022
· Higher achievement in athletic competitions (excluded for 2021 as many events are cancelled)